All My Loves

Just to be like the sun

Over the weekends



2 blocks of cream cheese lying in my frig for a long time, knowing the shelf life is short and seeing that it is going to expire, trying not to waste it, decide to bake a caramel and cherry cheesecake.

Made my own caramel and bought a can of pitted cherries from phoon huat. The outcome of the cake is that I put too less a caramel, that I hardly can taste it, but luckily, the cherries help to enchance the taste of the baked cheesecake.

Cut out 2 piece and gave it to my buddies who is having a cake learning session with me on Monday and the feedback is that they liked it.. Heng Ah!!!



Organising a baking session with Chef Amy and requested her to teach us 3 cakes. Proposed cakes Green Tea Lychee Confit Cheesecake, Passion Chocolate Bananaia Roll Cake and Strawberry Shortcake. It's a demo and it took us four hours to accomplised 3 cakes. Well! worth it.. the most tedious one is the passion Chocolate Bananaia where there is a swissroll with passion fruit cream and banana filling embedded with chocolate mousse and flourless cake.. Whew! don't know whether will I made this.

I like the Green Tea Lychee Confit Cheesecake too and the strawberry shortcake is different from what I have learnt before, the previous one is with chantilly cream, wherelse this is with cooked custard with strawberry puree and whipped cream.

1 comments:

Passionate About Baking May 5, 2011 at 12:36 AM  

Aiyo, missed trying your cake and missed the workshop! What a pity! All the cakes looked very good!

About Me

My photo
Working mum with a loving hushand and a grown up daughter and has love for another 7 lovely angels

About this blog

sharing, committment and remembrance of the things that I do

My Blog List